Thursday, February 26, 2009

Billions Here, Billions There

School is taking up most of my time, and what remains I'm pissing away reading the news and messing around on the computer watching Obama's speech to congress. He again shows that given a chance to prepare, he is unbeatable behind the podium, but his plate is awfully full.

Meanwhile, Russia is facing crisis by getting together with its neighbors and creating a $10 billion 'anti-crisis' slush fund through the 'Eurasian Economic Community.' Once upon a time, I did a lot of research on alliances in Eurasia, and even I'm losing count of how many regional alliances and blocs the Russians (and the Chinese) are forming or taking part in. They must be planning to apply to some tough schools to need all these extra-curricular activities.

Well, Russia, in addition to bequeathing the world some of the greatest writers, philosophers and scientists it has ever known, I see you were President of the...what is this, Eurasian Economic Community?

Yes, yes I was. Our responsibilities included uniting former Soviet states in a customs union and forming an anti-crisis fund.

Mmmkay. Well, how do you think this makes you a good fit for our school?

Well, I have significant international experience, especially in dealing with challenges and bringing people together.

Mmm-hmm. Anything else you'd like to add?

Also, I absolutely beat the piss out of a small caucausian country when they attempted to meddle in my internal affairs.

That's nice.


...I was in marching band, too.

Best of luck to them.

0 comments: