Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Holy Shit



















The massive, unfinished hotel that was due to open next to the CCTV building here in Beijing has burned in an amazing pyre that lit up the Beijing night. Early reports were that it was the famous CCTV building (nearly finished) itself, and I'm not sure how one really makes the distinction since they're being built in the same project, but, wow. My old office stared at these two buildings, I cannot imagine the view in the morning. The fire has been extinguished but given how absolutely huge it was, I can't imagine the building is in good shape. I also can't believe I slept through this, and all the fireworks last night, given that I can practically see the building from my bedroom window.

I wonder if they were still running overtime construction shifts over there - hope not.


0 comments: